Wednesday, April 16, 2014

GREY'S ANATOMY: How Do You Say Goodbye to Cristina Yang?


We’re still weeks away from the iconic Cristina Yang’s big farewell but it’s never too early to speculate about how she’ll be sent off. In the past, “Grey’s Anatomy” has said goodbye to regular cast members with breakups, buses, plane crashes, and – most notoriously – imprisonment in the parking lot (I miss you, Dr. Hahn.). So what might be in store when Sandra Oh takes her bow on May 15th? Thanks to a recently Instagram’d shot of the finale script (courtesy of SpoilerTV), I’ve got a few ideas.


Burke offers Cristina an incredible opportunity in Europe. 
It seems inevitable that Cristina will win the Harper Avery Award in tomorrow’s episode, “Go It Alone,” and we know Burke returns two episodes later in “We Are Never Getting Back Together.” Perhaps Burke’s agenda in Seattle doesn’t include rekindling the romance he ended with Cristina seven years ago. Maybe he’s come as a fellow Harper Avery winner to not only give Cristina his congratulations but also a once in a lifetime career move that Cristina would be a fool to pass up.

 
Teddy Altman offers Cristina an incredible opportunity with the military in Germany. 
Teddy Altman and Cristina shared an intimate bond, initially as friends then as teacher-student then as peers. While Kim Raver’s Cardio God hasn’t made an appearance since the season eight finale, Teddy has been name-checked in recent episodes – including “Do You Know?” when one of the timelines featured Owen getting a job offer from Teddy in Germany. Maybe the Harper Avery Award won’t go to Cristina and when Teddy calls to offer an opportunity to do something immediately meaningful with her cardiothoracic skills, Cristina will jump at the chance to be an international hero.


 
Cristina dies. 
I honestly don’t see this happening. Shonda Rhimes has made it abundantly clear that she relates most to Cristina, that she feels a unique bond with the character. If anyone is guaranteed a happy ending it’s undoubtedly Meredith and Cristina. The only cause for such morbid speculation is the ominous snippet of Cristina’s voiceover. History shows that whenever someone mentions not knowing what kind of day you’re going to have, the chances are high that it’s going to be a bad one. Additional casting calls for the finale also mention a carjacking, a car accident, and gang warfare. I have a feeling this plot will drive the episode and could very well take Shane and Leah out of the picture but I have a feeling Cristina will make it out of the finale alive and headed towards a bright tomorrow.


All that I feel safe declaring is that Cristina isn’t planning a honeymoon in Europe. “Do You Know?” definitively declared Cristina and Owen’s relationship will never really work so the idea that the season will end with them leaving Seattle together would be contradictory to the point they’ve been stressing in recent weeks.

Time to sound off, “Grey’s” fans. How do you think Cristina Yang will be written out of the series? How do you want her to leave? And do you agree that there’s no way Goddess Queen Shonda Rhimes will send her to her grave?

For an additional bit of speculation: according to the script snapshot, Derek is still sleep-deprived. The descriptions for upcoming episodes make mention of Derek’s struggle to balance his work with his home life and with his fellow neurosurgeon sister, Amelia, recurring in the final four hours of the season, is anyone else suspicious that Derek will hand in his resignation (again) and Amelia will become the new head of neuro at Grey-Sloan Memorial? Or is that just my wishful thinking (I would kill to have Caterina Scorsone as a series regular)?

2 comments:

  1. My Name is Steve Jones from Canada, i turn to a vampire any time i want to, I become a real vampire because of how people treat me, This world is a wicked world and not fair to any body. At the snack of my finger things are made happened. Am now a powerful vampire and no one step on me without an apology goes free. I turn to human being also at any time i want to. And am one of the most dreaded and respected person in my country. i am now also very famous and rich with the help of the VAMPIRES EMPIRE. i get what ever a want. i become a vampire through the help of my friend who introduce me into a vampire Kingdom by given me their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com, if you want to become a powerful and a real vampire kindly contact the vampire kingdom on their email: jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com for help. it is real. Contact them today. jamessuccessfultemple45@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am Leah Hart I live in Ohio USA I’m 32 Years old, am so happy I got my blank ATM card from united hacking company  blank ATM card that can withdraw $5,500 daily. I got it from him  last week and now I have withdrawn about $15,000 for free. The blank ATM withdraws money from any ATM machines and there is no name on it because it is blank just your PIN will be on it, it is not traceable and now I have money for business, shopping and enough money for me and my family to live on.I am really glad and happy i met united hacking company  because I met Five persons before him and they could not help me. But am happy now united hacking company  sent the card through DHL and I got it in two days. Get your own card from him right now, he is giving it out for small fee to help people even if it is illegal but it helps a lot and no one ever gets caught or traced. I’m happy and grateful to the united hacking company   because he changed my story all of a sudden. The card works in all countries that is the good news contact. email address: unitedblankatmhackcard@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete